Most collections of on The Cancer Imaging Archive can be accessed without logging in. Logging in offers certain advantages over accessing the archive as a guest user, since a registered user who logs in can:
- Access query history and save queries for future use,
- Share query results,
- Request access to private collections.
Access to some collections is limited to registered users who have been given permission to access that collection. This allows The Cancer Imaging Archive to:
- Support data collection for private or internal projects,
- Protect data while investigators are publishing results,
- Limit access to just those individuals directly involved in a project.